Wednesday, November 16, 2011

it's WIP-it Wednesday already…

…sigh. Tuesday has decided to be as difficult as Monday when it comes to blog posts. At least I have a WIP to report about.

Here is Zuni:
Zuni, as of 11/16/11

It's going very quickly. The designer used a different approach than on Hopi. Instead of filling in the center stitches first, she has you do the outside framework first and then move to the center. Using this method, it's much easier to keep track of center (the little dangling piece of floss in the picture) and to check stitch placement.

So far it's just the two color, but  the next stitches to do are teal Neon Rays ribbon in each of the corners. I couldn't face stitching them last night, so I continued with the red.

In other stitching news, I started the first stitches on the Mediterranean Mermaid. It's going to be a challenge because the design is landscape but my biggest stretcher bars are sized more for portrait designs. Also, it's not an easy project to transport. I'd like to work on it during craft night, but that might not be possible.

Stitching has my attention right now...who  knows when I'll get back to my other crafts!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...