Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve...

...I've only worked on the Zuni needlepoint. It's coming along:

Zuni, as of 11/23

Most of my WIPs today are food. I've already made the stuffing for tomorrow and prepped the yams so they are ready to bake. I've made two pumpkin pies and a cranberry crustless pie (althought I think it looks like a cake).  I've coated the turkey with a dry brine (sea salt and herbs, with a touch of lemon peel).

I have a little vegetable prep to do and then the clean up begins. My kitchen floor is in sad shape after all this cooking and needs a good mopping. I need to move a few (who am I kidding a LOT) of projects out of the living room. Then I need to use the vacuum monster and get the tablecloths out.

It sounds like a lot of stuff to do, but it's not nearly as bad as when I work all day Wednesday and have to do the same thing late at night!

OK, break's over! Back to it so I can finish up and really relax!

Happy Thankgiving!!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...