Friday, May 25, 2012

Eye Candy Friday for the 3-day weekend...

...and boy do I need the extra day!

We've been enjoying snow peas for the last few days:

Snowpea tendril

and the berries are ripening:

Berries

This morning I discovered that we had 5 cherries on the tree. That's more than we had last year! There may be hope for this tree yet!

We have cherries!

Not shown are the fava beans we had for dinner last night, The Husband prepped the beans (a PITA task if there ever was one). He then combined the cooked beans with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and crumbled bacon. He tossed this mixture with bow-tie pasta and served it with shaved Parmesan cheese. It was incredibly good! I doubt that there will be any leftover when I get home tonight!

Up this weekend: A stitching friend (K) from my Cross Stitch Festival days is in town for the weekend. We are going to try to meet up sometime between her activities and mine. There is a Spin-In tomorrow, which I might have to miss if that's the only time she can meet. I haven't seen K in years and would love to reconnect.

I'm going to the Daughter's yoga class on Sunday morning. I also hope to take an early morning walk with my camera on Monday.

Beyond that, we have no specific plans. Most of our time will be spent working on the studio in one form or another. In the cleaning up, I found a USB zip drive and a USB floppy drive. And they both work! In my copious spare time, I've been transferring files off of the 50-million floppies and zip disks that we had tucked away in that room. Somewhere in the mess of floppies, I have all of my rec.food.cooking and alt.gourmand files. I really would like to find those!

Have a great weekend!
.

1 comment:

Elf said...

My berries are ripening, too--I am SO not ready for them right now! I also just purged almost all of my floppies--sorted out the ones that might have sensitive info and dismantled them; the others freecycled and someone wanted them and the storage drawers, too!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...