Friday, May 18, 2012

Eye Candy Friday...wow, look at the time!

...yes, it's been another busy week at work. But busy is better than no work, right?

We have a few orange poppies blooming in the back yard:

Orange poppy, close up


Orange poppy

And these roses are interesting. They start off orange and then fade to a pale orange-pink.

Rose

The studio is coming along.

Studio ceiling and wall

The floor is nearly there and the Husband is getting ready to put the baseboard and trim back up.

Studio floor

We have this little problem known as a reed (or pump) organ that my mother gave to me; she got it from one of my father's employers eons ago. It's probably 100 years old, but the company that made it prided itself on making an organ every 10 minutes...not exactly a rare item! The organ will take up too much room in my soon-to-be studio. I'm ready to let it go, but I'm not sure what my mother will think about that!

Up this weekend: Continue doing the purge of unnecessary items. The Methodist Church took 6 boxes and 3 bags of books from us, so that was good. We still have far too many books, but I think we need to get rid of some other stuff first.

One Sunday, I'm going to CNCH with my friend from the gym. We both want to see what they have to offer, but we're resolved not to spend too much money. We'll see how long that lasts!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...