Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Random Tuesday...

...I'm starting this post at 11:13am, as I wait for various builds and conversions to run on another PC. Maybe I'll get it done by the end of the day. Multitask Tuesday might be a better title...
  1. CNCH was fun!  Loretta and I took BART from Fremont, which was a nice way to travel on a Sunday. Our goals were to look at looms and other weaving implements and not to spend a lot of money.

    We both loved the Saori loom demonstration and the Gilmore temple clips. She fell in love with the Ashford table loom in the Village Spinning and Weaving booth. I like the table loom, too. However, I think a folding floor loom like the Baby Wolf or the Saori loom would work better for me.

    I bought some batts from Shooting Yarn plus some hemp fiber and a merino-silk bump from Opulent Fibers.  Loretta bought a kit for a crocheted cowl (from ?) and a pretty little boat shuttle from Carolina Homespun. We had a yummy lunch at the Pacific Coast Brewing Company before we headed home. It was a great day!

  2. Studio progress!
    Last night, after a very long day at work, the Husband wanted to show me something. I was tired, cranky, and hungry, but that all disappeared when he showed me the new wall sconces...installed and working! Yay! We have light!  There are still new track lights to get and a couple of existing lights need an electrician, but this great progress!

    On Saturday, I helped the Husband reinstall most of the ceiling trim. Each of the 5 beams has trim on each side. There is an overhang at one end of the room that is completely trimmed out. It took a good portion of the day to do it and we still didn't finish because a few pieces needed to be stained.

    While I was at CNCH, the Husband finished installing the baseboard and cleaned up the courtyard. Sunday evening, we started moving boxes and bookcases out of the studio and into the courtyard in preparation for moving in my sewing cabinet and other furniture.
     
  3. The purging continues...
    We still have a lot to go through. I made a small dent in the craft room by going through all of my old zip drives and archiving them on a flash drive. Next are the floppies...I found our external floppy reader so I can take a look at them and see if there is anything worth saving.

    Now that the studio floor is done, we can empty out the two alcoves and get rid of/recycle what we don't need, like the 10-year-old humidifier tucked in the corner! There's a wet bar in one of those alcoves, somewhere...
     
  4. Crafting has been at a stand-still for the most part. I did manage to knit a few rows during our ride on BART, but I had a very short attention span that day.
     
  5. Work...I have lots of that right now. My brain is pretty fried by the time I get home

That's all I've got today...and it's 4:30pm. On to the next work project!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...