Friday, June 22, 2012

Eye Candy Friday...

...today's eye candy is brought to you by the color orange.

Orange freesia:

Orange freesia

Nearly-ripe apricots:

Blenheim apricots are almost ripe

I've already been munching on the apricots...they are ripe enough for me!

Up this weekend: We are helping the Husband's parents with their birthday/anniversary party tomorrow. So tonight, we have some prep work to do. We're making a caprese-on-a-stick appetizer that I saw on Pinterest. We're also making a cheese tortellini appetizer...another on-a-stick presentation. We are trying to keep the appetizers simple and easy to eat. These two seemed like they'd fit that category.

Fortunately for me, the Husband has been doing a lot of the leg work for this party. He's tracking down the basil we need for the caprese and a couple of other things. I have some things to get on my way home from work. Tomorrow will be consumed by the remaining prep and the party. I plan on crashing when we get home Saturday night!

On Sunday, it's back to the studio. I still have quite a bit to go through and put away. The Husband had a little set-back with the threshold he's been staining. It got too hot one day and the finish coat started bubbling up. He's had to sand down the bubbles and re-finish the wood. That means I still can't work on getting that side of the room put together.

On the good news side, I think I've found a bench! (http://www.homedecorators.com/detail.php?parentid=7825910&search=7825910&suggest=11&sItem=7825920) I just need to measure the space and see what size I should get—36" or 48". Then I need to look for an inexpensive, but comfortable chair.

One thing at a time...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...