Monday, June 11, 2012

productive weekend...

...just not long enough!

Spin-In on Saturday was great! In addition to catching up with my spinning peeps, I actually worked on a craft. It's been a while since I had the attention-span and the time to sit down and make something with my hands. In this case, I was spinning some Corriedale from my stash.

Here's what I spun on Saturday:

Sierra Sunrise, bobbin #1

On Sunday, the Husband and I assembled my Expedit unit that we bought last weekend. I was finally able to get the fabric out of the dining area!  I started shelving the mini-bolts first

When I refolded the fabric, I didn't  spend much time sorting the mini-bolts.So I opened up my sewing table to its full width and sorted the bolts as they came out of the boxes. (Note to self: You  don't need any more blue fabric right now.) Once I had them sorted, I started filling the shelves.

When I finished with the mini-bolts, I started with the smaller folded cuts. I had already sorter the smaller cuts into color stacks and type stacks (kids, animals, Southwestern, food, flowers...). I started putting them vertically and soon realized that I was wasting space on the shelf. I decided to stack a second row on top of the first. I cut up some old file folders to use as a separator between the two rows. It worked pretty well.  Here's what it looks like:

Expedit holding my fabric stash

I'm not sure that the vertical orientation will work for me, given that I have to stack the rows. I might try one section in the other direction and see which one I like beast.

The craft supply purge continues. I'm collecting another box of items for Loretta's pre-school. I'm so glad someone can put all this stuff to good use!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...