Friday, June 29, 2012

Tour de Fleece Eve...

...for Eye Candy Friday.

Tired of apricot pictures yet? I'm not! I've been eating fresh apricots all week.

Blenheim apricots, cut

We have another set of petunias blooming:

Petunia with dew drop

And the Asiatic lilies have started blooming:

Asiatic Lily

Up this weekend: Tour de Fleece starts tomorrow!   I have yet to pick a theme or a chalenge to spn during the tour. I have an idea--I'm thinking of spinning exotic fibers, like yak, and some of the pther specialty wools like the Heritage wool samplet pack I got at last year's Stitches Wes. Howver, given the state of the studio, I'll need  stash dive to find the fibers. I hope I can come up with enought to spin for the whole tour!

While I'm stash-diving, I'll pull the fibers I'll need for the Ravellenic Games  (formerly the Ravel****cs). I am entering the Handspun Heptathlon and hope to spin 7 yarns during the games. I did it last time. However, that was the winter games and I didn't have Tour de Fleece immediately before them. My hands might not be happy with this much spinning! If it looks like I'll have to give my hands a break from spinning, my backup plan is to enter the Weaving Vault and weave something from the yarn I created (or hope to create) during TdF.

Also this weekend, I want to start looking for my studio chair. I'm going to look at the consignment store first and hope to find one that isn't too expensive. then there are always the 4th of July sales.
.

1 comment:

Bogie said...

Nice photos. Our apricots are on the verge of getting good. :) See you at the starting line for TdF 2012!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...