Tuesday, August 07, 2012

4 down, 3 to go...

...I might make my 7 yarns by the end of the Ravellenic Games.

I ended up not spinning at all on Friday.  I decided to stay out of the studio for one night and be a little sociable.  Of course, I ended up falling asleep early. LOL!

I have finished two more yarns, putting me over the halfway mark of my goal.  I decided to spin singles for two yarns.  Then I plied one on Sunday and one last night.  I'm spinning these a little thicker so I get done faster. It's a nice change from trying to spin as thin as I can.

Here is Eric Northman:
Eric Northman handspun
and a close up:

Eric Northman handspun, close up
Specs:
Started 8/2/12
Finished 8/5/12
Falkland (3.8 oz) in Garnet 1 from The Yarn Wench
167.5 yds. chain-ply; 12 WPI
For: Handspun Heptathlon, Team True Blood, Ravellenic Games 2012

This is Adele Stackhouse (AKA Gran)

Adele Stackhouse handspun
and a close up:

Adele Stackhouse handspun, close up
Specs:
Started 8/5/12
Finished 8/6/12
Merino-Silk (3.9 oz) in Arcadia 1 from The Yarn Wench
124.7 yds. chain-ply; 11 WPI
For: Handspun Heptathlon, Team True Blood, Ravellenic Games 2012

Originally, I picked the last one for Pam. However,  while I was spinning, it became clear that this top wanted to be Adele, not Pam. So, I changed the name of the yarn, and now it's happier. :)

On the studio front, we assembled the second bench, so now it just needs a cushion. The Husband has a couple of little issues with the sink and that took some time to resolve. The sink is now working without any leaks (yay!) and he is working on the finishing...caulk, paint, replacement drywall, etc. It's getting close to done!

I bought and assembled the bar stool for my work table. I also decoupaged 4 more photo boxes. I decided to go ahead and swap the plastic lined boxes with a couple from the kitchen. They worked so much better with the mod podge.

One of these days I'll get the recap done...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...