Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Catch- up Tueday...

...there have been a few things that arrived withing the last few weeks that I've neglected to photograph. I finally took some pictures today.

As I was taking the pictures, I realized why I have ignored a couple of them: I don't like the colors. They are club yarns, so I don't have any choice on what I receive.

Oldest first...the Rockin' Sock Club installment for July 2012 (behind the spoiler):

Rockin' Sock Club 2012

I think this is the first installment in a long time where I don't like the yarn colors and I don't like either of the patterns. Let's just say I'm not a big chicken fan nor do I like autumn colors. I'm not sure what to do with this one.

Next is the yarn from the Cookie A Sock Club installment for August 2012 (behind the spoiler):

Cookie A Sock Club Badge

This color is a bit better, but still not one of my favorites. However, I do love the sock patterns that came with it.

Last is the Loopy Ewe 6th Anniversary kit:

Loopy Ewe 6th Anniversary Kit

and the yarn:

Tickety Boo Seasonings Series yarn

This was not a club yarn so I knew what I was getting when I ordered it. I love the colors!  I might weave something with this.

In the studio, I'm declaring the decoupage project done for now. I covered the remaining boxes an they are back on the shelf. I decided not to cover the magazine holders when I saw that Target had some sturdy ones on sale this week. They are a bit wider than the ones I have, so I bought 2 teal and 1 black. The 3 new ones replaced the 5 skinny holders I was using. Thank goodness I don't have to cover them!

I also finished sewing the second bench cover.  and used some leftover fabric to make another small throw pillow. While I was at mom's last weekend, the Husband replaced the old track light unit with a new one and I could finally hand my pendant light over the sewing machine. I still need to get more light over the work table, but I'm not having much luck finding something suitable.

And I couldn't face dress shopping over the weekend...guess I'll have to do that this coming weekend, The wedding is on the 8th and I'm running out of time!
.

2 comments:

nico said...

Hi Marie,

I found your blog through a google search for Classic Elite Waterlily in color 1960, which pulled up your lovely photo in your Flickr stream. I've been scouring the web for 2 more balls of this yarn to complete a project (Central Park Hoodie!), and wondered if you would be willing to sell yours to me, provided that you haven't already used them, of course! Let me know--you can find me on Ravelry (nicolo), or email (nzeliadt [at] gmail [dot] com).

Thanks so much for your consideration!! And, at the very least, I'm happy to have found an interesting new blog to read :)

Best wishes,
Nicholette

marie said...

Nicholette--I sent you a message through Ravelry.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...