Thursday, August 23, 2012

random Thursday...

...still trying to get back into a routine. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday for a couple of reasons.

before getting to the randomness, let's celebrate the completion of my studio sink! The Husband finished the trim work and hung my mirror:

Completed studio sink

We bought a pair of these mirrors in New Mexico several years ago because we loved the tin work. We hung them in this room when it was the Husband's office.  I love that we can use one in the sink alcove, but we have no place to hang the second one. Maybe when we finally make a real guest room I can hang it in there.

Randomness:
  1. Did you know that some MacBooks have batteries that swell? I sure didn't until it happened to mine. I would have never noticed it if I hadn't packed my MacBook to take to Mom's. My laptop sits on a small stand that allows air to circulate underneath it and, as it happens, allows the battery to swell without you noticing!.

    I ordered a new batter and installed it Tuesday night.
     
  2. Did you know that you should calibrate your new MacBook battery for best performance? I didn't, or at least I didn't remember that I needed to do that. That's one of the reasons I didn't post yesterday. I was in the "let battery discharge all the way and let it sit for at least 5 hours before plugging in again.  As it turned out, that was OK because...
     
  3. I went to the eye doctor, who dilated my eyes. I couldn't see much of anything for several hours. This was the other reason I couldn't blog yesterday!
     
  4. Because I couldn't see well, I decided it was a perfect time to sort through my yarn stash. Over the past couple of years, I'd place new yarn in a zip lock bag and cram put it in any drawer with enough room to hold it. So I had sock yarn mixed with lace yarn, and so on. I managed to get it all out of the zip locks and sorted by weight. Then I started putting them back into bags and sorting them into the fabric drawers. I still have about 1/3 to put away. 

    The best part is that I found some yarn that was wound and ready for the loom!. I think I'll warp it this weekend and get started on a wrap for me!
That's all I have for now...
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...