Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

....in which we find that I had more WIPs than I thought I had.

In the process of organizing things in the studio and searching for fiber to spin for Tour de Fleece and the Ravellenic Games, I came across a few WIPs I'd forgotten about. I decided to finally finish up some of those stragglers.

When I first started spinning, I found it difficult to get through 4 ounces of fiber. About halfway through, I wanted to see what the yarn would look like and then want to move on to another fiber type or color. One of those spinning projects was Lupines and Poppies dyed by the Yarn Wench. I spun and plied 2 ounces of it and put the rest away. This week, I spun the other 2 ounces, so it's ready to ply:

Lupines and Poppies, bobbin #2

I found a partial bobbin of singles and fiber in zip bag with no fiber tag. It's a pretty green and blue fiber that is either Tidal 2 by the Yarn Wench or Peacock by Spunky Eclectic. I am leaning towards Peacock as the dye is coming off on my hands and I had the same experience with Spunky Eclectic greens from 2007; I have not had the same experience with Yarn Wench's greens. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing. It's just a way of narrowing down my choice if I can't find the tag! In any case, the singles are lovely and I can't wait to ply it:

Ready to ply

I also finished spinning the singles for the black Alpaca-silk that I started at the end of Tour de Fleece 012. It's also ready for plying:

Black Alpaca-Silk, ready to ply

The other WIP in play is the Blueberry Thrill Shawl. Twisting the fringe is kind of a boring task, so it's taking me a bit to get through it. It's looking good, though:

Blueberry Thrill shawl, as of 9/17/12

There are a few other spinning WIPs that I uncovered. I plan on powering through a couple more until my surgery on Monday. Spinning and fringing are the easiest things for me to see right now. I can't wait to be able to do some needlepoint ans cross stitch again!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...