Friday, October 12, 2012

F.O. Friday...

...I have another Finished Object and not much eye candy.

The garden has very few flowers this time of the year. Many of the plants and trees are getting ready for winter, so things are looking a little scruffy out there.

We do have these succulents thriving in one corner:

Succulents

I finally finished plying the Schoppel-Wolle singles. This is Plum Sauce:

Plum Sauce Handspun

and the close up:

Plum Sauce handspun, close up
Specs:
Started ??
Finished 10/11/12
Plum Sauce top and pencil roving from Schoppel-Wolle (150g)
308.9 yds, 2-ply, 13WPI

The singles continued to break through the rest of the plying. I was quite relieved to be done with this yarn last night! When I get home today, it is going to the bottom of my storage bench for a time out!

I received two sock club installments this week. From the Cookie A Sock Club, I received a specially spun sock yarn by Green Mountain Spinnery. It's totally not my colors, so I'm not sure what I'll do with it:

Cookie A Sock Club Badge

I also received the Rockin' Sock Club installment for September. They had some technical difficulties and it was late in arriving. The patterns are color work, so there are two yarns included in the package. Again, not my colors, but one of them will make a nice warp! (Behind the spoiler pic)

Rockin' Sock Club 2012

Up this weekend: I plan on going to Pacific International Quilt Festival on Sunday. I have not plans to buy any fabric as we all know I have plenty!

I want to mop the floor in the studio so I can lay out the Jungle Songs quilt and sandwich it. Then I'll start machine quilting it. It's way past time that this quilt was finished.

I also need to go to Home Depot and get another pendant light for my studio. I had two, but my little blue pendant decided to croak. You'd think I could just replace the bulb, but it has a specialty bulb (flat with two pins) that I can't get out of the fixture. Given that the old pendant light is at least 5 years old, it might be time to replace it with a fixture that uses a halogen bulb, or at least a bulb I can change!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...