Friday, October 26, 2012

F.O. Friday...

...another WIP bites the dust!

Here is Tiffany:

Tiffany handspun

the close-up:

Tiffany handspun, close up

and some singles:

Tiffany handspun, singles
Specs:
Started 3/17/12;
Finished 10/24/12;
Tiffany Wild Card Bling Batts (5.5oz) from the Yarn Wench;
147.0 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI;
26 yds single ply, 16 WPI

These batts contain merino wool,  hand-dyed Firestar nylon,  Romney lamb locks, and Cotswold locks. There were are matching Cotswold locks placed on the surface. I started spinning this fiber as singles using all of the components and discovered that I really didn't like spinning the locks and how they looked. I stopped spinning at 26 yards and wound off the singles. I started spinning the rest of the batts without the loose locks and much of the Romney locks. I liked the resulting singles much better!

I have cycled the Pomatomus Socks out of the rotation because I keep falling asleep in the middle of a row. Bored much? Ha!

Up this weekend: Some necessary housework...vacuuming is at the top of the list, followed by dusting. Since Thanksgiving will be at our house, we need to go through some of the things that are still lingering in the living room and dining area after the studio remodel....loose folders, some fabric scraps that might not be worth keeping, etc. Then I need to start getting this room in order so we can actually have company here.

Craft-wise, I need to continue quilting the Jungle Songs quilt. I'm at the fussy part of the process: quilting the outlines of the larger animals. I'm trying to decide whether to do free-motion quilting in the wide sashes. In some ways, it would help speed up the finishing of the quilt, but I've never done free motion quilting before. I'm a little scared that I might mess up this quilt!

I also need to look at my list of WIPs and pull the next one into rotation while the Pomatomus Socks take a break. Ive pretty much decided to IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) the Carousel Socks I started back in March.  They are the same 12 stitches row after row after row...another sock I fall asleep knitting.

I'm really itching to start a new project.

Must.Resist.Startitis.
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...