Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

...I'm making some progress, but not as much as I'd like.

I'm nearly done plying the singles for some Schoppel-Wolle top that I bought at least a year ago (maybe 2010?). Some of it was pencil roving, which I usually like spinning because there is a lot less drafting. I don't know whether it was because I let it sit so long between spins or what, but I did not enjoy spinning this yarn. The pencil roving portion wasn't too bad, but the regular top fought me every step of the way.

Now that I'm plying, the regular top keeps breaking on me.  It's pretty, but it may end up at the bottom of a cabinet when I'm done so I don't have to look at it anymore!

Schoppel-Wolle Plum Sauce, in progress

I am making slow progress on the Pine Mountain "Recipe for Summer" cross stitch.  I just need to keep plowing through this one. I was very motivated when I started it at the beginning of summer. Now that it's autumn, I'm not nearly as motivated.  I'd rather be stitching something for Halloween!

My quilt and sewing WIPs will probably have  to wait until the weekend. I just don't have enough time after dinner to work on them during the week.

Last night I went to Craft Night and I intended to work on one of my knitting WIPs. I pulled out the Peacock Pomatomus socks [Ravelry]  that had been hibernating for many months. I love the yarn and I love the look of the pattern. 

As I reoriented myself in the pattern, I remembered why it was hibernating: you have to rearrange the needles after a complete pattern repeat. Normally, this is not a big deal, except that I like to knit two socks at a time on two circular needles. So an instruction that says: "Move first stitch from Needle 1 to Needle 3 by knitting the first stitch on Needle 1 through the back loop onto Needle 3" only works easily for one of the two socks.  I need to move one of the socks off to another set of needles to make progress on this project.

It's a good thing I had the cross stitch project with me to work on!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...