Tuesday, November 20, 2012

countdown to turkey day...

...my last day at work until Monday.

This morning's sunrise was pretty:

Sunrise 11/20/12

Over the weekend, I managed to accomplish a few of the tasks on my list: dusting, cleaning out the cupboards, doing the first grocery run for the holiday meal, and make the cranberry sauce. I also wanted to vacuum, but that didn't happen. That will be added to tomorrow's task list.

The cranberry sauce is chilling in the refrigerator. This year I added fresh pomegranate juice, raspberries, and brandy to the mixture. It was pretty tasty before aging, so I think it will be really yummy on Thursday. I plan on adding fresh pomegranate seeds to the mixture before serving so it will have a little crunch to it.

After Craft Night tonight, I'm going to do the last grocery run so I have everything I need for prep on Wednesday--it will be a full day. I need to:
  1. Cook the giblets for broth
  2. Make the stuffing (dressing)
  3. Assemble the yam casserole
  4. Make the desserts
  5. Make sure the turkey is defrosted and apply the dry brine.
  6. Vacuum
  7. Clean the front bathroom
  8. Clean and mop the kitchen
  9. Get the dining area ready for company
I won't set the table until Thursday because one of the cats thinks that a clean tablecloth is the best place in the world to sleep. We've tried to train her to stay off the table...she's almost 12 now so I don't think we have much hope in that happening!

My goal is to get as much done on Wednesday as possible. Thursday will be all about the turkey, vegetables, table, and family.

Wish me luck!
.

2 comments:

Bogie said...

Good luck! (I'm sure you won't need it, it sounds like you have everything under control.) Happy Thanksgiving!

marie said...

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...