Friday, November 16, 2012

Eye Candy Friday, and the madness begins...

...the madness called The Holidays.

First, the eye candy. I was playing with my camera's fish-eye feature the other day and took this:

Sunrise 11/14/12, fisheye

The Husband has planted new flowers. Mona Lavender Plectranthus:

Mona Lavender Plectranthus 1

Coralberry Punch Superbells:

Coralberry Punch Superbells

Lemon Slice Superbells

Lemon Slice Superbells

We have a Junco nesting in one of our hanging baskets. She's laid four eggs:

Oregon Junco eggs

She is a protective little thing. If you go in the backyard when she's around, she yells at you to stay away from her nest. A true mighty mite!

Up this weekend: finish cleaning the house in preparation for the madness. We got part-way there when we freshened things up for the appraiser (re-fi in progress). Now we just need to finish the job.

I need to do the first wave of T-Day shopping, including buying the turkey so it can defrost by Tuesday, when I get it into the dry brine. I'm still debating whether to make a trip to Williams-Sonoma and get their dry brine mix (which I love) or try to make my own. I suppose it's just a matter of whether I have enough time to make the trip to Stanford Shopping Center or Valley Fair Mall.

I will make the cranberry sauce this weekend and if I decide to make my own bread cubes, I'll do those as well.  I'm taking Wednesday off so I can have enough time to make some dishes ahead of time and not feel so rushed on Thursday.

I need to go through the cookie recipes and pick which one's I'll be baking this year. I always make biscotti, Mexican Wedding Cookies, cut-out sugar cookies, and spritz. There are a few new candidates this year. I need to decide which recipes are hibernating this time around.

Somewhere in there I'd like to do some crafting. I can dream, can't I?
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...