Friday, December 28, 2012

Last Eye Candy Friday of the year...

...a little late posting today, but at least I'm posting!

First, the eye candy: this morning's sunrise:

Sunrise 12/28/12

I've spent the last couple of days wrapping cookies and biscotti for mailing. I mailed 10 boxes of goodies today to various family members and friends.  As for the rest of the goodie bags, there are only 3 left to deliver. I've assembled 32 goodie bags and boxes this year...I think that's 3 more than last year.

When I wasn't packing cookies, I was playing with one of my Christmas presents: an Ashford Inkle loom.

Ashford Inkle Loom

I have warped it a couple of times. The first time I didn't get it taut enough so I undid it and warped it again. I figured I needed the practice, so I didn't mind. I'm weaving a simple strap using black, blue, and copper colored crochet cotton.

First inkle weaving project

For now, I am just trying to get into the rhythm of weaving with this loom. Once I feel comfortable with it, I want to weave a strap to use as a yoga mat carrier.

Up this weekend: Finish the Jungle Songs quilt. I have finished burying all the threads in the back. I've pinned on the binding and will sew that tomorrow. I am determined to finish this quilt in 2012! I also want to work on one of my spinning WIPs. 

My vacation is going far too quickly! I'd hoped to do much more craft-wise, but the goodie packing took far longer that I expected. I better make the best of the last few vacation days that I have!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...