Wednesday, January 09, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday and a contest reminder...

...in which we talk about the new WIP I added to my already-long list of WIPs.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm making a bunch of project bags, one of which will be a Blogiversary contest prize.

I'm using a bag pattern that I got from the Happy Things blog, which is no longer active (very sad as she had some great tutorials). You can find the pattern archived at The Quilting Bees of Murfreesboro site. (PDF).

I finished sewing together all of the bags. I need to sew the opening closed and then push the linings into the bags. From there, I need to top-stitch to make the casings and thread the ribbon ties. Here's a picture of the bags ready for hand-sewing. The fabrics at the top of the picture are the linings; those at the bottom are the outside of the bags.

Project bags in process

I bought some coordinating ribbons at Jo-Ann yesterday, but I may use cording for some of them.

I'm also working on:
  1. Midnight Rose Mitts [Ravelry] (knitting)
  2. Inkle training project [Ravelry] (weaving) - I warped the loom to its full length of 134 inches and have woven about 12 inches. I am now trying different pick-up patterns to see how they affect the appearance. I probably won’t weave the entire warp length, but I wanted to have enough space to try out different things.
I want to work on a stitching project after I've finished the bags and stitch markers. I just can't decide whether to do a cross stitch project or a needlepoint project. I do have a few to choose from...LOL!

Who knows what will draw my attention!

***7th Blogiversary Contest Reminder***

Leave a comment on my 1/7/13 post by the end of the day Wednesday 1/16 to enter the contest.  The winner will be announced on Friday, 1/18.

The prize: A project bag and a set of 5 stitch markers. The bag construction will be similar to this bag and the stitch markers similar to these. As soon as I have finished them, I'll post a picture.

Good luck!!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...