Friday, February 15, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...followed by a 3-day weekend and a very short work week. Because of the holiday and Stitches West, I am only knowing Tues and Weds next week. Love Stitches West week!!

Unlike last week, we have actual eye candy today.  The Husband gave me a wonderful card and a pretty little rose bush for Valentine's Day. Here's one of the little roses:

Another Parade rose

and a bud:

Parade rosebud

He also made sure to tell me about one of the dwarf irises that had bloomed in the back yard. It's really quite tiny, but lovely:

Dwarf iris

Here's a close-up:

Dwarf iris, close up

Up this weekend: I need to get some housework done so I won't feel so guilty about spending time in the studio. I want to have some spinners over for a show-and-tell after Stitches West and it's never to early to start getting things in order!

I need to search my stash for some worsted weight yarns that I can use in my weaving class at Stitches West. I hope I have a couple of non-variegated yarns that have good contrast for the log cabin scarf. If not, I might have to put that on my Stitches West shopping list.

Speaking of which, I need to finish marking up my map and make the list of things I want to see and things I want to buy. High on my list are fibers from A Verb For Keeping Warm and Royale Hare, and flexible lace blocking wires that I'll need to the Celestarium shawl [Ravelry].

Spinning is also on the agenda. I'd like to finish the Navajo Turquoise merino that I started during the January Spin-In so I can work on something else. I'm really ready to start spinning something that is easy on the hands.

Ans, of course, knitting Celestarium. I just finished round 97. Only two more rounds before the next increase! I'm still knitting from the first ball of yarn, but I figure it will start using up yarn like crazy once the stitch count doubles.

It's going to be an epic shawl...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...