Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday...

...today it's all about spinning.

Our Spin-In group has spun 2 sample wools. In January, we did BFL:

Wool Survey: BFL

Specs:
Spun 1/12/13
1 oz BFL
31 yds chain-ply, 12 WPI

This month, we did Cotswold:

Wool Survey: Cotswold

Specs:
Spun 2/9/13
1 oz Cotswold
61.4 yds 2-ply, 13 WPI

I wouldn't classify either of these samplers as easy to spin. Sometimes when I spin, the fiber is so soft and well-prepared that it just flows onto the bobbin. Neither of these samples "flowed." The BFL was not an easy spin and plying it was OK. I struggled with the Cotswold trying to get it spun evenly, but the plying was a PITA. It's not the best plying job  I've ever done...

After I spin my wool sample, I work on Navajo Turquoise. Here is bobbin #1 so far:

Navajo Turquoise, in progress

I love the colors of this fiber, but I'm finding it a little difficult to spin. It's just not going as smoothly as I'd like.  Maybe it's because my hands are tired after spinning the sample wools.

I have no other WIP pictures as there has been no progress on anything other than Celestarium. :)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...