Friday, March 29, 2013

last Eye Candy Friday for March...

...and it's Easter weekend.  While I'm not a big fan of Easter, I love this time of the year because we have tulips in the garden!

Here's what I can see outside of my studio window. A pink tulip:

Pink tulip

and a few days later it looked like this:

Pink tulip, fully open

an orange tulip:

Orange tulip

and containers full of tulips and flowers:

Flowers in the courtyard

Up this weekend: I'd like to finish the cats' quilt. I'm about 50% done with the machine quilting, so I think that it's doable.

I will probably finish the last few rounds of the Celestarium shawl--I'm on round 150 of 157. I have a couple of more edgings to audition and I hope one of them will be the one.

I'd also like to get back to my spinning wheel! I have a wool sample to ply and I'm itching to get back to the Camel-Silk I started at the March Spin-In.

We have nothing special planned for Easter. There are just too many bad memories for me with this holiday. If the Daughter was in town, I might consider making a special dinner, but she's on vacation. It's just the husband and me, so we'll keep it simple...like we usually do.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...