Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Top-of-the-waves Tuesday...

...in which we talk about how not much has changed craft-wise since last Tuesday. However, we did get a few things done around the house that have been on out to-do lists.

The Husband and I took a trip to Orchard Supply on Saturday, He was going to get some more flowers for the courtyard (atrium) and I wanted to look at bathroom faucets. We ended up with a lot more than that!

For a long time now, I've been very unhappy with my bathroom sink fixture: it doesn't have a drain pop-up and the handle surfaces are so flat that they collect water. I found a single-handled faucet that I liked and will work well in my bathroom. The toilet paper holder also needed to be replaced and we found one that will work.

What else? We got a new garbage can for the kitchen, a one-step stool for our 12-year-old kitties to help them get up on the bed, a new long handled duster, and halogen light bulbs for the track lights in the living room. Oh, yeah, lots of flowers!

My studio is totally separate from the house and I can't hear the doorbell out there unless I have all the sliders open...not a good choice when it's cold or raining. We bought an extender for the door bell so I can hear it ring in the room now.

After getting all that stuff, we made an effort to get things installed. I asked J to delay the installation of the faucet until after craft night tonight.  I replaced the toiler paper holder and he wired in the doorbell extension. We replaced a burned out bulb in the track lights, which doesn't sound like a big deal unless you know that the track is 12-14 feet off the ground.  It means hauling out the extension ladder to chnage the bulbs.

Anyway, we got a lot of little tasks done that we've been putting off for a while. Yay!

One of the crafting tasks on my back burner was replacing the cats' quilt that is on our bed. I made it for my daughter when she was in elementary school...it's showing its age and it's ready to be retired. I have two cat panels that I'm piecing together to make a top for the new quilt. I have some stash fabric that will work for the backing. I just need to find a decent border fabric in the stash.

I also got a little spinning done. I moved my Pilgrim spindle spinning [Ravelry] to the wheel and finished the first 2 ounces. Only 2 more to go!

I am working away on the Celestarium shawl...I'm on round 128 of 157, about 60% done. I really need to get serious about picking an edging.I have an idea rolling around in my brain...it involved dark blue beads that match the yarn and something spikey. We'll see if I can get reality to match my idea!

I am very close to either declaring the Violet Needleroll as IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) or using what's already stitched as a scissor fob.

Stay tuned...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...