Thursday, April 25, 2013

skipped right over that WIP-it Wednesday...

...oops!

Technically, it's still a WIP because it's not blocked yet, but I finished knitting the Celstarium shawl! Yay!  Here is a first look:

Lacy in the Sky with Diamonds, first look

This is unblocked. I have woven in the ends but I won't trim them until after blocking.

I ended up grafting the edging three times because I was not happy with how it looked.  The first to times were using the standard Kitchener grafting. It was just too wide for this edging. It was very obvious where the grafting occurred.  The third time I used the Russian graft with a crochet hook. It looks much better with this method!  This grafting method may become my go-to method from now on. It was easy to keep track of and easy to do.

Now that I've finished knitting the shawl, I'm doing the finishing work for the Caterwauling quilt. I still need to make a label for it, or just write on the back.

It's time to pull another WIP out of the stack and add it to the rotation. I love finishing stuff!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...