Friday, May 31, 2013

last Eye Candy Friday of the month...

...how can it be nearly June?

I love this time of the year because the garden is just blooming. The berry bushes are continuing to produce wonderful blackberries, but too many for the Husband and I to eat fresh.  Over the long weekend we tried a refrigerator preserves recipe that turned out very well. If the berry bushes keep this up, I'll have to make another batch!

We now have several dahlias in the font and back yards. This one isn't completely open yet:

Another dahlia

The bougainvillea in the courtyard is starting to come in:

Bougainvillea

A new addition to the courtyard is a foxglove. We haven't had very many of these in the yard before, but I really like them:

Foxglove

Up this weekend: Spin-In tomorrow, so I'll be baking in the morning. I'm keeping it simple and just making some lemon muffins. I'll jazz them up by sharing a small jar of the preserves.

Also this weekend, we need to start planning the menu for the anniversary party we are giving the Husband's parents on the 25th. We have a good idea of what to serve, it;s just deciding from where to order things and how much we want to spend.

I'll spend the rest of my time in the studio working on my WIPs. Weaving is calling my name...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...