Wednesday, May 08, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday and a late weekend report...

...it's getting harder and harder to post on Mondays and Tuesdays.  At least I got the April recap posted yesterday.

Weekend report:

I finished spinning the Tribe camel-silk top. Here is the skein:

Tribe handspun

and a close-up:

Tribe Handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 3/16/13
Finished 5/5/13
50% silk 50% Camel top from Greenwood Fiberworks
238.2 yds chain ply; 15 WPI

I finished spinning the singles for the Pilgrim Merino-Tussah Silk top from AVFKW:

Pilgrim Merino-Tussah Silk singles

I started plying it Sunday night and haven't gotten back to it yet.

Also, I moved the Royale Merino-Yak-silk top from the spindle to the wheel. I'll finish spinning it on the wheel and then get it plied.

I took some time out to make a trip to Purlescence Yarns. I have a bridal shower gift to make and I wanted to look at some yarn for weaving. (Yes, I found some!)

WIPs:

I added a WIP to the rotation to replace the completed Tribe handspun. Here's the current state of my WIPs.

WIPs in Rotation 
  1. Pilgrim handspun, from A Verb for Keeping Warm [Ravelry] - plying!
  2. Royale handspun top, 2 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm  [Ravelry
  3. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
Ongoing:
  •  Spin-In Fiber sampler: continuing; waiting for next Spin-In.
Waiting to be rotated in: 
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch--still can't find where I put this!)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch)
  5. Sea Foam Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A present for the Husband's brother who is getting married in August
  2. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  3. A baby quilt for the next kid in our circle
I need to decide which WIP to rotate in when I complete the Pilgrim handspun. None of the others are calling my name and I can't find the Happy Pumpkin scissor fob. Maybe I should look for that.

Or maybe not. I have tons of spinning fiber that is calling my name. Hmmm...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...