Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday report...

...let's see if I can get back into the groove of blogging this week.

The anniversary party went very well. The Husband's parents enjoyed themselves and the food was a hit. We had about 45 guests, which was a little over what we expected but not a problem. In fact, we wished that people ate more because there was a lot more left over than there usually is at these functions.

We served two kinds of gazpacho with shrimp:

Gazpacho with shrimp

individual veggies and dips, with more veggies on the side:

Veggies and dip

artichoke frittata cut into two-bite pieces:

Artichoke Frittata

and individual 7-layer dips:

Individual 7-layer Dips

We also purchased a meat-and-cheese tray and a tray of tea sandwiches.  For dessert , the Daughter brought Sprinkles Cupcakes as my MIL didn't want a cake.

Anniversary Cupcakes

Needless to say, between the food preparation and keeping things running at the party, the Husband and I were wiped out by the end of Saturday. I was too tired to knit!

On Sunday, the Husband spent the day in the City with his sister and her husband, while I spent the day in my studio.

I wove about 6 inches of the shawl and wound 3 bobbins for the next weaving session. I started cutting the fabric for a baby quilt for a close family friend. I also knitted a few rows on the Southern Skies shawl.

I wish I could say that I took a nap, but that was not to be. I just can't seem to nap during the day. I think it's my body's way of telling me that there are too many things to do and I can't waste time sleeping.

I hate it when it's right...
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW....you sure went "over the top".....which goes without saying....that is YOU....no wonder you were so tired after the party, the preparation work, then keeping the ball rolling during the party, you much have been exhausted.....but glad you had a fun day spending Sunday in your Studio! You always "surprise" me with how many books you manage to read along the way as well.... I wish I had 10% of the energy you have!!! YOU ROCK....nothing new there!! Talk to ya Wednesday, I hope! Jane

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...