Wednesday, December 04, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which the major WIPs are baked goods! At least  I've started  started my Christmas baking!

I baked the pumpkin bread on Monday and baked the lemon bread on Tuesday. I think those are the only things I can really make until the weekend. The fruitcakes take a long time to bake and I make 24 mini cakes--they won't all fit in the oven at the same time.  I simply don't have enough time to bake two batches after I get home at 7pm. It's going to be a busy baking weekend.

My kitchen is now in cookie mode: I have moved in the extra table, covered it in foil, and then placed cooling racks on top of that. I managed to clear out half of the freezer, which I have no filled with the pumpkin and lemon breads. I need to clear out more room for the fruitcakes. We're about done with Thanksgiving leftovers, so I can clear the refrigerator shelves in preparation for cookie doughs and chocolate.

On the craft front, I was able to make some progress on the mermaid. She now has a face and I'm back to stitching her hair.

The Carbonized Zombie Socks are progressing nicely, I knit in the car on the way back from the Christmas tree farm on Friday and then worked on them in the evenings. I finished the heel flaps and turned the heels. I'm now working on the instep decreases:

Carbonized Zombie Socks, as of 12/3/13

Somewhere in this madness, I need to carve out time to get our Christmas tree and decorate the house.  And then there are Christmas cards to address...and present shopping...and...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...