Tuesday, January 14, 2014

random Tuesday and a contest reminder...

...it's just that kind of a day.
1. I hate wrap-and-turn short rows. They never look right. There are tons of short rows in the Rockefeller shawl [Ravelry] so I have many opportunities to swear at wrap-and-turn.  I tried the YO method of short rows, which didn't work because I'm using two distinct colors--the wrong color shows up in inconvenient places.  At Craft Coffee last night, a knitter recommended trying the safety pin method for short rows. I'll give that a shot and see if it works.
2. The Cousteau hat looks great, but it's really boring! I have knit 2.25 inches of K3 P2...only 7.75 inches to go!

3. I finished the cross stitching portion of the mermaid! Hooray!  I started the back-stitching after taking this picture last night:

Mediterranean Mermaid, as of 1/13/14


4. Stitches West is in 5 weeks (give or take a day)! Really looking forward to my weaving class!


CONTEST REMINDER!!
Leave a comment on my 1/6/14 post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/20/14.

We'll draw the winner's name out of a hat on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

The prize: 1 skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight in Fleur de couleur.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...