Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and there are several things in play.

As promised, here's a look at the current state of Anasazi:

Anasazi, as of 1/22/14

Not my favorite color combination, but it's still infinitely better than Vegas (AKA: the Pink Nightmare).

I have knit about 4 inches of the 10 inches that I need for the Cousteau hat.

I have restarted the Rockefeller shawl and the Cat Bordhi method of hiding the wraps for W&T is working. Halleluja!

Mediterranean Mermaid: the beading has begun! I found a few thread options at Jo-Ann's yesterday. I found a slightly thicker invisible thread, a light gray silk, a pale blue rayon, and a pale green rayon. The pale green matches the fabric very well and is easier to work with than the invisible thread. Here's what the tail looks like so far:

Let the beading begin...

It's going to be a long slog...this picture represents about 3.5 hours worth of beading.

In stash news, I received a couple of club shipments this month. First is the December 2013 installment of the Rockin' Whorl Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. This is Spring Dreamin', a Camel-merino-silk blend.

Camel-Merino-Silk top

This is the last installment for me as I decided not to renew the club. I much prefer the ProVerbial club installments from A Verb For Keeping Warm. For the January 2014 installment of the ProVerbial club, I received Birds of a Different Feather, a blue merino-silk, a red alpaca, and a shawl pattern.

ProVerbial January 2014 Club Installment


WIPs in rotation:

  1. Mediterranean Mermaid (cross stitch):
  2. Jacques Cousteau hat for the Husband [Ravelry]
  3. Rockefeller Moon shawl  [Ravelry]
  4. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry]
  2. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Hive cross stitch
  4. Love Scissor fob (cross stitch)
Hibernating:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  • A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
    On hold until after Stitches West.
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me. 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...