Friday, February 14, 2014

Finished Object Friday...

...just in time for the three-day weekend.

Here is Ancient Breeds Handspun [Ravelry]:

Ancient Breeds Handspun collage

Specs:
Started 2/8/14; Finished 2/13/14;
Ancient Breeds Sampler (5 oz of 5 fibers) from Tactile: A Fiber Arts Studio;
199 yards total;
Shetland: 37.2 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI;
Finn: 63.2 yds 2-ply, 13 WPI;
Icelandic: 31.6 yds, chain-ply, 11 WPI;
Gotland: 35.4 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI;
Norwegian: 31.6 yds 2-ply, 10 WPI

There was a heavy mist this morning that left lots of moisture on our plants. There were many drops hanging from the apricot tree:

Reflections in a drop

Lots of small drops on the plum blossoms:

Plum blossom 2

and tiny drops on the tiny flowers of this plant:

Tiny drops on tiny flowers

Up this weekend: My plan is to get some housework out of the way so i can concentrate on more Ravellenic projects. I was to continue making progress beading the mermaid...there are so many beads left to do.

The other thing I want to do is a little stash diving to see whether I have the yarn I need for my Stitches West ETC weaving class. It calls for worsted weight yarn, which I don't normally buy. However, there might be some hiding in there somewhere. My backup plan is to buy some at the market, but I'd rather not if I have some in-stash.

Other than that I plan on enjoying my time off!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...