Friday, April 11, 2014

Eye Candy and F.O Friday...

...in which we have some flowers and pictures of the stealth project that arrived at its new home yesterday.

During my walk around the neighborhood last Sunday, I found these blossoms:

Blossom in the morning sun
and this wonderful red and white striped rose:

Red and white striped rose
The tulips are still going strong in the courtyard:

Pink and orange tulip
and the bearded irises are blooming:

Peach bearded iris
and close up look:

Bearded iris, close up
The birthday present I sent to my friend Jane was a special book I found at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Gift Shop about Big Sur, the sparkly boot toppers I made [Ravelry], and this little flock [Ravelry]:

Flock of knitted birds

Specs:
Started 4/2/14
Finished 4/6/14
Pattern: Bluebird of Happiness by Sara Elizabeth Kellner
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft one in teal and two in blue

I made a bluebird and a teal bird for Jane and a bluebird for her granddaughter. While the birds were a fast knit, I'm not altogether pleased with the triple wrap-and-turns required for the head. They were a PITA to pick up!

Up this weekend: Finish our taxes. We're almost there, just a few more things to enter. My goal is to get them filed on Saturday, but we'll see how that goes!

I have a date with the vacuum monster as we need to do some serious cleanup. Now that the weather is nicer, the doors are open during the day and all sorts of dirt and leaves are either tracked in or blown in.  We won't mention the fur that the cats continually contribute to the rugs.

Craft-wise, I want to spend a few hours on the mermaid to continue making progress. I might have to restrict myself to the daylight hours until I get my new glasses. They are in the hands of Lenscrafters and will take about a week to finish.

I have a yarn I need to finish spinning and there is always knitting.

The Carbonized Zombie socks are in a time-out. I tried them on last night and for the first time ever (since I started knitting socks), they are too big! I've had a few occasions where the socks have been snug, but never too big. Lord knows, I don't want to rip them back! I may just finish them and see if they fit my sister.

I hope this doesn't make my sock mojo go away again...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...