Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Happy April...

...the months are just flying by! And it's already Tuesday...

Quick weekend report: We had a nice visit with the Daughter who stayed with us Friday night. We love having her here!

The party on Saturday turned out very well. The food was great, the company better.  My trifle was tasty and most of it was gone by the time I left the party. (There are food pictures in this Flickr set.)

Here's a view of the top:

Tardis Trifle, top view

and a view of the layers:

Tardis Trifle

I used a little Grand Marnier in the assembly, just enough to give it a little extra something. The only component I didn't make were the berries...Mother Nature made those! Next time I need to remember that I need to make all of the components the day before, except for the cake, which I should make 2 days before so it dries a bit more. The cake tends to disintegrate when it's too fresh.

I spent Sunday finishing the Belvedere Bird of Paradise singles I started the week before. I am now ready to ply them.

A short, but good weekend!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...