Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Back at work and Tour de Fleece update...

...re-entry into the workplace is always tough after a Craft-cation. It was really nice being able to do what I wanted, when I wanted. The next long vacation won't be until the end of the year...so long to wait!

TdF Day 15, Stage 14 - Challenge day:
Before I started any crafting, I vacuumed the carpets and mopped the floors. Other than the floors, there was little to do in the way of housework, but I felt so much better having everything tidy.

My challenge for the day was finishing spinning the singles for Renewal. I spun it thinner than normal, so it took almost twice as long the finish. My knees were very sore by the end of the day, but I finished!

I spent a little time rearranging the squares for the new quilt, but after all that spinning I just wanted to prop my legs up and veg out.

TdF Day 16, Stage 15:
After a little grocery shopping, I chain-plied Renewal [Ravelry]. I was about 3/4ths done when the Husband returned from his vacation. After catching up with him, I finished plying.

Renewal handspun

and the close-up:

Renewal handspun, close-up

Specs:
Started 7/17/14;
Finished 7/20/14;
Merino-silk (4.2 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
294.1 yds chain-ply, 14 WPI
 
TdF Day 17, Rest Day 2:
Whenever I go on vacation, the stuffed animals in my office do something to retaliate. One year, they all grew mustaches (you can still see some of them). Another year, they did gymnastics. When I arrived at work yesterday, they were having story time in the corner.

When the Cat's Away 1

Catbert is reading Kat Tails, a story about Tica and Sombra (our kitties).

When the Cat's Away 5

After work I met up with some friends and I started the Equatorial Nights. I cast-on and started the first row.

Technically, this was a rest day for Tour de Fleece. However, I had already taken my two rest days, so I did about 45 minutes on the spindle. I still haven't taken a picture of my spindle spinning. My plan is to do that tomorrow. We'll see whether that happens!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...