...and a little update.
As I faced the last two days of the Tour, I decided to finish one more handspun. I knew that finishing Toulouse was not an option as I am spinning it very thin and it would take many hours to get to the plying stage.
Using the Tropical Fish 1 colorway, I made an art yarn. I split the bump into four strips and spun a thick-and-thin single. I plied the single with a teal rayon thread, and let a gold rayon thread autowrap it. It was a fun spin! Here is Tropical Fish Bulky:
and the close up:
Started and finished 7/26/14;
Merino-silk (3.8 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
120.9 yds; bulky
After I finished the art yarn, I decided that my final Tour spinning would be to transfer Toulouse from the spindle to the wheel. This involved winding the single onto a temporary holder and then quickly loading it to a bobbin on the wheel. Once I successfully transferred the single, I spun a bit more to make sure I could match the very thin single. And that was the end of my Tour spinning!
My final tally for the Tour: 6 handspun yarns. Of the 6, one was a 2-ply, four were chain-plied, and one was an art yarn. This represents a total of 1,242.6 yards.
Left to right: Bejeweled, Plum Honey Light, Ember, Cinder, Renewal, and Tropical Fish. Toulouse is in progress on the spindle. All fiber is merino-silk from the Yarn Wench.
I spent the rest of my Sunday working on my latest quilt. I've made some progress and hope to have a photo for tomorrow's post.
...and I'm looking forward to the weekend! This week we harvested plums from one of our trees: Corncockles have sprouted up all o...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...
...and a couple of photo updates. Here is the bobbin full of Mirabel [ Ravelry ] singles: And the current state of Mermaid of the Pea...
...in which there are no new photos of WIPs. Instead, here's a photo of my Abundant Earth Fiber dye kit: I bought this after Stitch...