Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finished Object Tuesday...

...last finished items for September.

This is Seaglass [Ravelry], a lovely camel-silk handspun:

Seaglass handspun

and the close up:

Seaglass handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 9/1/14;
Finished 9/27/14;
4.0 oz. Camel-Silk top from Greenwood Fiberworks;
230.7 yds. chain-ply, 14 WPI

I absolutely love the camel-silk top from Greenwood Fiberworks. It's a wonderful to spin, nice and soft. I'm not sure what I'll do with this yet...it might become part of my next weaving project.

I've been thinking about weaving a table runner in ocean or water colors. Seaglass would go nicely in that project. I need to stash dive for some other handspun in blues and greens to see if I have enough to do a table runner. Maybe this weekend...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...