Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Finished Object for Tuesday...

...and a short weekend report.

Spin-In was cancelled for this month. I still felt like doing some spinning so I pulled a small bump of fiber that the Husband gave me for my birthday last year.  This is Stormy Waters [Ravelry]:

Stormy Waters handspun

and the close up :

Stormy Waters handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 10/25/14
Finished 10/26/14
Camel-Silk top (2.0 oz) from Schafenfreude Fibers
120.9 yd chain-ply, 13 WPI

The fiber label did not list a color name. It reminded me of a stormy sea, so I named it Stormy Waters. I love love LOVE camel-silk. It feels so good to spin and it is so soft when plied.

As for the rest of the weekend, I caught up on a couple of chores and did a little household shopping. Nothing exciting there.

I just didn't feel like working on the quilt, so I ended up knitting when I wasn't spinning. The Wurm hat is coming along nicely. I love the yarn and the pattern is easy. I might actually keep this hat for myself.

The Alcea Cowl [Ravelry] continues to bug me. I'm not happy with that seam and every time I look at it. I'm reminded of it. I may end up pulling out the seam and re-doing it, especially if I decide to give it to someone.
,

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...