Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Weekend report and a finished object...

...I finally got a couple of pictures of the handspun.

This is Sweetwater Spring [Ravelry]:

Sweetwater Spring handspun

and a close up...

Sweetwater Spring handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 11/1/14;
Finished 11/29/14;
Merino-Tencel top (4 oz) from Royale Hare;
160.1 yds, 13 WPI

I probably won't be able to spin again until after Christmas. I'm skipping Spin In this month so I can finish the baking.

So, the weekend report: I spent both days working on the non-biscotti portion of the baking.  I made:
  • 7 kinds of cookies, a total of 668 cookies
    180 of them need to be frosted (that's will happen on Sunday)
  • Grand Marnier Pecans, about 3 pounds
In addition, we bought our Christmas tree and set it up in the living room. Set-up includes rearranging the furniture and rugs to make room for it. I hung the lights on Sunday, but we're holding off on the ornaments for a bit. We have a leak in the tree stand and need to plug that before I hang anything. Not a big deal...it's happened before. It always leaks around a fastener opening...just don't know which one it is this time. I think it might be time for a new stand!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...