- I finished spinning the singles for Walking on the Sun [Ravelry] that I started at Spin-In last week.
- The sewing machine place called early Saturday afternoon to say that my machine was fixed! Hooray!
- After I picked up my sewing machine, I made a quick run to Michael's to buy more sewing machine needles.
- On Sunday morning, I took my new camera out for a walk. There were a lot more things blooming than I expected. I was out about an hour, taking pictures of whatever caught my eye. I'll post some of them on Friday.
- After my walk, I ran a few errands and then came home to sew. Happy dance!
- I finished machine quilting I'm Just Mad About Citron. I'm debating whether to trim and bury all the threads before binding it, or just go ahead and put the binding on. The advantage to doing the binding now is that once I've finished burying and trimming the loose threads, the quilt is done. Hmmm, not quite done...I still need to make a label. Rats! I forgot about that.
- In between the spinning and quilting, I made excellent progress on the Be My Baby project. I finished the first sleeve Sunday night. Yesterday at lunchtime, I made a gauge swatch for the scarf portion in the thicker yarn I planned to use. And it was way too thick. The fabric was stiff, not drapey.
On to Plan B: I'm going to continue to knit with the 2 strands of worsted yarn that I used for the sleeve, but switch to the larger size needle (US 17) that the pattern specifies. I'm going to knit a few rows and see how wide the scarf portion is to determine whether to increase the width of the scarf portion to the pattern-specified 40 stitches. We'll see how it goes!
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
...and the weekend report.
...and I'm looking forward to the weekend! This week we harvested plums from one of our trees: Corncockles have sprouted up all o...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...
...and a couple of photo updates. Here is the bobbin full of Mirabel [ Ravelry ] singles: And the current state of Mermaid of the Pea...
...in which there are no new photos of WIPs. Instead, here's a photo of my Abundant Earth Fiber dye kit: I bought this after Stitch...