Monday, February 23, 2015

Stitches West 2015 report...

...the short version:  I had a great class, shopped a lot, and had a good time with friends.

The long version:

I took the Beaded Knitting Sampler class with Betsy Hershberg. Betsy is organized and kept the class on track. I learned lots, and I finished the class sampler:

Class Sampler

Market preview was a blast! I visited my target vendors and bought lots of fiber. I bumped into a friend while I was shopping and we took a few minutes to catch up.

On Friday, I walked the entire market with the goal of visiting every vendor. I didn't quite make it, but I got close. I was on the lookout for some undyed, black DK weight yarn for my boss (didn't find any) and brightly colored rattail for a co-worker (got some at Garden of Beadin'). I picked up a bit more and a little yarn. I made an early day of it and went home to take photos of my purchases. I processed the photos and got it all loaded into Ravelry.

On Saturday, knowing that the Sharks game at the arena was going to cause all sorts of traffic headaches in the area, I arrived at the convention center early so I could park at the convention center, which would allow me to avoid some of the traffic. While I waited for the market to open. I met up with some friends and enjoyed a quick breakfast. My goal was to be out of there by 12:30...I escaped before noon. I concentrated on tools and bought a few things plus another skein of a bamboo yarn I want to use for a weaving project.

On Sunday, I arrived a little early again, mostly for the parking. I did my last round of the market, this time looking at booths that I could not get into during the previous trips. Miss Babs is always crowded, so I went there first. I bought a couple of patterns, some yarn for those projects, and more fiber (I know...). I met a friend for lunch and went with her to a couple of booths. By then I was done, but I was hanging around for the drawing at 1PM. Yeah, I didn't win either!

I took photos of the last few purchases and loaded them into Ravelry.  I tried to nap, but you know how it is when you're too exhausted? My mind wouldn't turn off!

Here are a couple of collages that show my purchases.  Fiber and yarn:

Stitches West 2015 - fiber and yarn

R1: Rushing Water Merino-silk by Wonderland Dyeworks; Calypso yak-silk by Greenwood Fiberworks; Meteor Shower yak-silk by Greenwood Fiberworks; Metro Teal yak-silk by Greenwood Fiberworks; Rivendell by Greenwood Fiberworks;
R2: Mermaid BFL-silk by Wonderland Dyeworks; Drake's Bay merino-bamboo by Royal Hare;  Purple-green gradient by Purl Up & Dye; Natural merino-black silk by Royal Hare;
R3: Purple-gray Crazy Batt by Faerie Mountain Fibers; Lemon-Lime Crazy Batt by Faerie Mountain Fibers; Stitches Badge; Turquoise Crazy Batt by Faerie Mountain Fibers; Mystery Mix alpaca by Ranch of the Oaks;
R4: Peacock Bombyx silk  by Greenwood Fiberworks; Sea Glass bamboo by Fiberlady; Cream Cottolin by Louet; Brown Diaanhelo by Diakeito; Lemon-Lime lace yarn by Fiberlady;
R5: Shades of Turquoise Merino-Yak-Silk yarn by Greenwood Fiberworks; Livid Yummy Yarn by Miss Babs; Lavender Makimo yarn by Fiberlady; Amethyst Mousou yarn by Fiberlady; Amethyst Makimo yarn by Fiberlady;

The other stuff:

Stitches West 2015 - the other stuff

R1: Ringlets stitch markers by Knitifacts; Knitted Bead Sampler class project; Pink Grapefruit Lo-Lo Bar, regular and small sizes from Bar-Maids;
R2: Mother of Dragons shawl pattern and Song of the Sea cowl pattern; Stitches badge; Knit Blockers by Knitter's Pride;
R3: Felted Dryer Balls from Ranch of the Oaks; Gadget Trays by Chic-a; Beads and rattail from Garden of Beadin'

There are quite a few WIPs in my future!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...