Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday and some finished objects...

...yeah, yesterday got away from me. It's been happening a lot lately.

I was productive during the long weekend and finished two things.  First, I finished the Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! project. I finished all of the stitching Sunday night. On Monday, I pressed the project, added the button, and tucked it into the pillow.

Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my!

Specs:
Started 7/14/2014;
Finished 2/16/2015;
Cross stitch kit from Pine Mountain Designs

On Saturday, I finished spinning the singles for Goat Rock [Ravelry] and let it rest until Monday, when I chain-plied it. Here it the finished handspun:

Goat Rock handspun

and the close up:

Goat Rock handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 2/7/2015;
Finished 2/16/2015;
Polworth-silver top (4.0 oz) from Royale Hare;
204.7 yds., 12 WPI

I worked on the Tuscon Twilight needlepoint and discovered an error in a previously stitched area. The good news is that it was a pretty small area and involved no metallic threads. The bad news, of course, is that I have to re-do the area. Oh, well!

I'm really looking forward to the next 4 days...it's Stitches West time!!  I have a class tomorrow afternoon (Bead Knitting Sampler) followed by the Market Preview. I can't wait!

WIP Roll Call

Worked on:

  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Continuing to work on scarf portion
  2. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
    Continuing to work on the filling stitches
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  • Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
  • Loopy Academy projects, with a focus on techniques
    • Striping: Striped Stockinette Snake [Ravelry]
    • Felting/Fulling: Oatmeal Bonnet [Ravelry]
    • Slipped Stitches: Irisa Cowl (although I'll probably leave it as a scarf  [Ravelry]
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...