Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the last day of March.
  • I made the sun-dried tomato and pesto torta on Friday night so it would have time to set-up.  I hadn't made it in quite a while, so I couldn't remember which recipe to use. I combined 3 or 4 recipes to come up with this one:

    Sun-dried Tomato and Pesto Torta

    It was quite tasty! 
  • I made the biscotti on Saturday. The baking was not a problem, but it was a very warm day and the chocolate never did completely dry. They were still good, though!
  • The company party was so fun and the food was great! Our hosts made several appetizers that were quite yummy. My favorites were the deviled eggs with Fleur de Sel:

    Deviled Eggs with Fleur de Sel

  • I did manage to get the laundry done on Saturday, between the biscotti baking and chocolate steps. However, not much else got done.
  • On Sunday, I had very little energy, but I did manage to get to the grocery store and Target. I made a batch of chile in the crockpot and baked some cornbread and called it dinner.  :)
  • I wove a bit on the Dreams of Amethyst and worked a little more on the Tuscon Twilight needlepoint while I watched season 2 of Game of Thrones.
  • I spent a couple of hours working on the layout for the Stealth Commission project. 
  • No knitting or cross stitch managed to make it into the rotation.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...