Wednesday, April 01, 2015

March 2015 recap...

...in which reading came to a screeching halt.

I had a lot of trouble reading the John Cleese autobiography. He's amusing, but he wrote this book the same way he speaks. It would be better as an audio book, and I don't do audio books. I switched to another book when I realized that I was avoiding reading because of this book.

Then I tried a Maeve Binchy book, billed as "Five decades of selected writings from the Irish Times." Since I've read a lot of her books, I already knew her style of writing. It was easier to read than the Cleese book, but without that thread of characters running though it, it was hard to get through.

Hopefully, my next book will be easier to read!

Finished:
  • 3/21 Meteor Shower handspun [Ravelry]
    Yak-silk (4 oz) top from Greenwood Fiberworks;
    268 yds. chain-ply, 15 WPI
  • Books:
    1. Maeve's Times, Maeve Binchy
    2. After MIdnight, Teresa Madeiros
    3. Die Again, Tess Gerritsen
    4. Dead Heat, Patricia Briggs
    5. Dark Debt, Chloe Neill
Started:
  • 3/7 Dreams of Amethyst shawl (weaving) [Ravelry
  • 3/14 Stealth Commission project (quilting)
Worked on:
  • Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  • Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
IDJ (It's Dead, Jim):
  • Reading
    So, Anyway by John Cleese
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
  • Loopy Academy projects, with a focus on techniques
    • Striping: Striped Stockinette Snake [Ravelry]
    • Felting/Fulling: Oatmeal Bonnet [Ravelry]
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...