Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday...

...it's that time again.

I managed to snap a quick picture of the handspun in progress. This is Wild Turquoise [Ravelry]:

Wild Turquoise handspun, in progress

I intended to spin this as a bulky yarn, but the rolags had another thing in mind. I'm getting a little thick-thin action with certain rolags, but I'm just letting it spin the way it wants to.

I'm still having some issues with the reading portion of my life. I'm now 2 books behind on my goal to read 105 books this year. Normally, I'm 4 or 5 books ahead, a necessity because it makes up for December when I don't have a lot of time to read. I'm just not having a lot of luck with my reading choices. I finished a book on Monday by one of my favorite authors and it took me 11 days. :(

WIP Roll Call
 
Worked on:
  1. Stealth Commission Project (quilting)
    Did a preliminary layout of the top. Cycled out a supplemental fabric that was too bright
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Frogged about 16 rows because I didn't like the way that the increases looked. Trying to decide whether to try adding increases again or just forgetting about it.
  3. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
    Started a different section because I was bored with the other one. This project contains way too much brown.
  4. Wild Turquoise [Ravelry]
    Started on 5/10; spun about one third of the rolags
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  • Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...