Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday...

...halfway to a 3-day weekend. Hooray!

The latest WIP is the handspun that I started at Spin-On. This is Sochi [Ravelry], a camel-silk from Greenwood Fiberarts:

Sochi handspun, in progress

I'm spinning it end-to-end and love the resulting long color-runs.

I mentioned that I went through my needlepoint projects to look for an alternative to Tucson Twilight. Here's a look at the project that I want to start:

Santa Fe #5 canvas

This is Santa Fe #5, a painted canvas by Tish Holland. I'm not sure when I bought this, but the shop is long gone, so at least 10 years ago. I had pulled all the threads for this project before filing it away in the stash. However, I don't have the stitch guide for it. When I bought the canvas, it did not come with the guide, unlike some of the other Tish canvases I purchased.

I have stitched two other pieces in the series, so I can use their instructions for the border, pottery, and character's hair. The best I can do for the rest of it is use a photo of the finished piece and wing it. It will be challenge!

WIP Roll Call

Worked on:
  1. Stealth Commission Project (quilting)
    Did a preliminary layout of the top. Cycled out a supplemental fabric that was too bright
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Frogged about 16 rows because I didn't like the way that the increases looked. Trying to decide whether to try adding increases again or just forgetting about it.
  3. Sochi handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Spun about 40% of the singles
  4. Santa Fe #5 (needlepoint)
    Adding to the rotation. Will start on the border first while I figure out what to do with the rest of it.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  • Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  • Wild Turquoise handspin (spinning) [Ravelry]
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
    Started a different section because I was bored with the other one. This project contains way too much brown.
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...