Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015 Final Tally...

 ...and the last F.O. for the Tour.

Tour de Fleece, Last Day (7/26):
Squeezed in one last art yarn. This is Clear Skies, from a batt by the Yarn Wench:

Clear Skies handspun

and the close-up:

Clear Skies handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/26/15;
Wild Card Bling Batt (4.3 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
55.8 yds, auto-plied with rayon thread; bulky

Tour de Fleece, Finale:

For the first time, I did not meet my goal of spinning every day. Life and house guests interrupted my normal TdF schedule. With my studio doubling as a guest room, my spinning wheel was in an inconvenient location. On Sunday, The Husband and the house guests went to San Francisco for the day so I was able to pull out the wheel and do one last bit of spinning.
  • Total output: 6 art yarns, 2 chain-ply, 1 2-ply, 1 WIP
  • Total fiber spun: 25.7 ounces
  • Total yardage: 941.85 yds.
Here's a collage of my TdF spinning:

Tour de Fleece 2015

In the midst of rearranging our house, having house guests, etc., I managed to do a little stitching. I finished Santa Fe #5 on Saturday and made excellent progress on the Happy Wishes scissor fob. Photos tomowrrow, if I get a chance.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...