Friday, October 23, 2015

Eye Candy Friday and F.O. Friday ...

...here are a few photos from Pacific International Quilt Festival.

There were some pretty cool quilts. There were several Day of the Dead quilts

Day of the Dead detail 2

A Frida Kahlo inspired quilt (Frida and the Butterflies):

Frida & The Butterflies detail

An exhibition of Beatles-inspired quilts (In My Life):

In My Life

A gorgeous dragon quilt that won 2nd place in the Innovative category of the World Quilt XIX competition:

The Dragon of Greed

An my favorite this year was the Best Wall Quilt winner (Song of the Sea):

Song of the Sea

I also enjoyed the quilted sculpture exhibit by Susan Else. This was my favorite:

Family Life detail

In the Finished Object category, here is a photo of the hat I finished last weekend. This is Blue No-Noro Hat [Ravelry], modeled by the lovely Blanca:

Blue No-Noro Hat, another view

Specs:
Started 8/15/2015
Finished 10/18/2015
Pattern: Noro spiral one-skein hat by Manuèle Ducret
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Solids in medium blue
For Halos of Hope

Up this weekend:  Nothing special planned. We arre both still recovering from colds, so we need to catch up on some sleep and try to recharge.

I need to start looking for fabric for the next sewing project. There are two quilt stores close to home and I plan on checking them both for what I need. I'm not holding my breath since the fabric I'm trying to match, at least in color range, is over 5 years old. I'm just hoping for something close!

I also want to see whether I can do the repair to my spinning wheel. I'd love to finish the two items I have in process, but I'm scared that my wheel will fall apart in the middle of them. The repair involves epoxy and I'd like to have fully-functioning brain cells before I attempt the repair.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...