Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...no-photo version.

  • I finished Beyond Antares [Ravelry]--yay! But I hate the way it blocked out--boo! Not sure what to do about it. The cowl definitely needs to be blocked, but the yarn is quite malleable and the edges are wavy and show where every pin was placed. Given that the piece is for me, I should just let it go and move on.

    When I get a minute, I'll take a photo and do a F.O. post.
  • I found the floor in my studio! I folded and put away a lot of the fabric scraps and other fabric that managed to find its way into my studio. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the remaining Hawaiian shirt fabric as there is too much to toss.
  • I found the kitchen floor, too! The Husband was gone for a few hours, which gave me a chance to sweep and mop the floors in the kitchen and both bathrooms. That was very satisfying. It would have been nice if I'd been able to vacuum the rugs too, but I didn't quite get there.
  • I did a little work on the Sail cross stitch project, but not enough for a new photo. I also decided to swap out the over-dyed blues with some DMC blues. Not the ideal color replacements, but they are much more evident on the fabric now.
  • It took me a bit, but I found where Be My Baby for My Baby [Ravelry] was hiding so I can get it back into rotation. I didn't actually work on it, but at least it's now in my knitting bag.
  • I read quite a bit and that was a luxury. I finished one book and started another in the series. That makes two books I've already read this month and it's the 5th. Maybe I'm finally getting back on track. (It's about time!)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...