Wednesday, November 11, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and I missed another Tuesday posting. It might be this way for a while, at least until the work stuff settles down.

The Sail cross stitch project is coming along. I haven't been comsistently working on it, but it's still getting closer to being done. Here's what it looks like today:

Sail, as of 11/11/15

You can see where some of the blues are fading into the fabric...oh, well.  I knew it sat in my stash for several years for a reason.

Quick weekend report: I picked up my Container Store order and was very pleased with the process. While I looked around at other things, the Husband found some nice jars to use for his olives. I also made my quick run on Williams Sonoma and got the items I need for Thanksgiving. Score!

My stealth sewing project is progressing nicely. I estimate that it is 66% complete.

WIP Roll Call:

Worked on:
  1. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Two-steps forward, lots of steps back: I had completed 4 rows of the pattern repeats and was off by one stitch somewhere. After a frustrating time of trying to fix the error, I just ripped it back to the border and started the pattern repeat again. Starting on row 2 of the pattern repeat for the third time.
  2. Sail (cross stitch)
    Working on the letter S.
  3. Stealth Christmas project (sewing)
    Pieced the fronts and backs and quilted them. Next is a little embroidery, the assembly, and the finishing.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Calypso handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Empress handspun [Ravelry]
  4. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  5. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
  4. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...