Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday, Contest reminder...

...and the weekend report.
  • Spin-In was great! It was wonderful to start a new spin and chat with the other spinners. I took some of the remaining Christmas cookies as my contribution.
  • As I mentioned in a previous post, I really hated the linen stitch on the Be My Baby for My Baby [Ravelry] project. One of my friends, recommended trying another stitch at the end of what I currently have to see whether I liked it better. I knit a few rows of garter stitch and was immediately happy with the way the fabric felt and the way it draped.

    After thinking about it overnight, I pulled out the 23 inches I had already knit, back to the lifeline at the end of the sleeve stitching. I then restarted the scarf portion in garter stitch using the same size 17 needles. By the end of Sunday, I had knit 12 inches of garter stitch. By the end of Monday night's Craft Coffee session, I was at 19 inches, almost back to where I was! And I'm happy with it...hooray!
  • I delivered the last goodie bag today. I have one more to mail and I can call a close to Christmas baking.
  • I  still feel the need to weave, but I have no idea what to weave. Still need to think on that.
  • I actually knit a row on Canto de Sirena shawl [Ravelry]. Each row is 362 stitches, so this one could take a while!
  • I still don't have any photos of Calypso.
  • I completely forgot to take photos of the last Rocking Sock Club installment.
  • And I still haven't compiled the data for my 2015 recap. I'll get there eventually!

Contest!

To enter, comment on my 1/5/16 post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/18/16.

The prize is 1 skein of BMFA Socks That Rock Lightweight in Wavelength. I'll do the random number thing and post the winner on Wednesday, 1/20/16. Good luck!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...